October 22, 2017.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Lifesavers Network may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect:
- When you create a Lifesavers Network ID, purchase a product, download a software update, register for a class at a Lifesavers Network, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using Lifesavers Network products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in Lifesavers Network services or forums, Lifesavers Network may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Lifesavers Network will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances including when setting up a wireless account and activating your device, for the purpose of extending commercial credit, managing reservations, or as required by law.
How we use your personal information:
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Lifesavers Network’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by going to “My Account” in the Lifesavers Network website and logging in.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Lifesavers Network ID account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Lifesavers Network, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Lifesavers Network’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an Lifesavers Network product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Ads that are delivered by Lifesavers Network’s advertising platform may appear in Lifesavers Network.com. If you do not wish to receive ads targeted to your interests from Lifesavers Network’s advertising platform, you can choose to enable Limit Ad Tracking, which will opt your Lifesavers Network ID out of receiving such ads regardless of what device you are using. If you enable Limit Ad Tracking on your mobile device, third-party apps cannot use the Advertising Identifier, a non-personal device identifier, to serve you targeted ads. You may still see ads, you may see ads based on other information.
If you want to disable cookies and you’re using a web browser, go to browsers preferences and then to the privacy pane to manage your preferences. On your Lifesavers Network mobile device, go to Settings, your browser, scroll down to the Privacy & Security section, and tap on “Block Cookies” to manage your preferences. For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Lifesavers Network website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Lifesavers Network may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Lifesavers Network website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Lifesavers Network may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Lifesavers Network to provide products and services, or that help Lifesavers Network market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate your iPhone, you authorize Lifesavers Network and your carrier to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by Lifesavers Network and your carrier’s respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by Lifesavers Network to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Lifesavers Network shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Lifesavers Network operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Lifesavers Network to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Lifesavers Network takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Lifesavers Network online services such as the Lifesavers Network Online Store and iTunes Store protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Lifesavers Network, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. iCloud data is stored in encrypted form including when we utilize third-party storage.
When you use some Lifesavers Network products, services, or applications or post on an Lifesavers Network forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at https://Lifesavers Networkid.Lifesavers Network.com/. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Lifesavers Network is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through the regional Privacy Contact Form.
Children & Education
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children and do not allow children under the age of 13 to use our Lifesavers Network products and services.
If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, outside the above circumstances we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Please contact us by using the contact information firstname.lastname@example.org so we can delete the information as soon as possible.
To provide location-based services on Lifesavers Network products, Lifesavers Network and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Lifesavers Network computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Lifesavers Network and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Some location-based services offered by Lifesavers Network, such as the “Find My iPhone” feature, require your personal information for the feature to work.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
Lifesavers Network websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third‑party AHA connection.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
If you purchase a subscription in a third party app or within News, we create a Member ID that is unique to you and the developer or publisher which we use to provide reports to the developer or publisher that include information about the service you purchased.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Lifesavers Network employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
All such communications are examined and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
C/O Digipowers, Inc.
333 Broadway, San Francisco
California, USA 94133.